Print Page | Report Abuse | Sign In | Join the Community
USBE IT Magazine
Share |
USBE&IT mAGAZINE

ABOUT USBE&IT MAGAZINE

US Black Engineer & Information Technology Magazine (ISSN 1088-3444) is a Career Communications Group publication devoted to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) careers and dedicated to promoting opportunities in these fields.

In This Issue

FALL 2019 | VOLUME 44 | NUMBER 2

Meet the Deans

These 15 engineering deans are moving the agenda forward at historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs). They are lending support to innovation and ideas that faculty put together.

HBCU Top Supporters 2020

Businesses contribute to R&D at HBCU engineering schools with Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Northrop Grumman leading the way.

Career Outlook

By 2022, a National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine Teport expects that 3.4 million skilled and technical jobs will go unfilled. Here we look at how historically Black colleges and universities(HBCUs) can improve opportunities for skilled technical workers, and how they can help build the Skilled Technical Workforce (STW) of the future.

Stay in the know

Join the Mailing List

Editorial Calendar

VET ISSUE

The Veterans issue looks at the many STEM career opportunities in our country's defense industry. This issues features our exclusive "Top Blacks in the Military" feature that spotlights flag-rank officers—admirals, generals and members of the federal Senior Executive Service.
*This magazine has a bonus circulation at the Stars and Stripes Military Tribute and Veterans Transition Initiative during the BEYA STEM Conference.

Editorial Features

  • Spotlight on jobs in Information technology industry
  • 20 women excelling in their STEM careers
  • Top Hispanics in Information Technology
  Advertise With Us

About the Fall Internships/Career Issue

 This issue helps readers understand the value of applying for STEM internships with corporations and agencies. The magazine is a step-by-step roadmap to evaluating and selecting opportunities.Conference issue

Advertise With Us

About the BEYA STEM Conference Issue

BEYA STEM Conference issue is a talent-rich environment for recruitment, networking and professional development. This issue reaches college representatives and thousands of elite professionals and students from across the country who represent the upper echelon of the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines and careers.

Advertise With Us

About the HBCU ENGINEERING DEAN'S ISSUE

Organizations that recognize employees at the annual BEYA STEM Conference and support Historically Black College and University Engineering Schools view the USBE&IT Conference and Jobs issues as a must. Both issues are a place to showcase employees and best practices of the many corporations that actively recruit HBCU graduates and support HBCU STEM programs.*This magazine has a bonus circulation at the HBCU Engineering Deans Event with employers

Advertise With Us

USBE&IT Online Magazine Digital Publication Live Feed

Advertise

  • Circulation Base: 15,000Colleges and Organizations: 300
  • Conference bonus distributions: 2,000
  • Singles: 3,587
  • Digital: 74,932
Advertise With Us

Our magazines’ controlled and digital distribution strategy is designed to address this issue with distribution to 300 colleges and universities including Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs) and the Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) to the offices of the deans of engineering, career centers, and key active student organizations. Combined, the magazines reach 67 percent of all enrolled science and engineering minority students. The magazines also reach 8,000 professionals, including community and corporate leaders.
 
The online version is posted to www.blackengineer.com that has over 1 million page views with an average of 8 minutes per visit each averaging 7 pages read. Blackengineer.com has a monthly audience of 180,000.
Diversity distribution
 
Our readership includes African-Americans, Hispanics, and minority women. The majority (72%) are between the ages of 18 and 34. The remaining 28% are largely between 35 and 44 years of age, 80% of our undergraduate student readers maintain a 3.0 grade point average or greater.

Advertise With Us

ONLINE READERS

Online readers are 55% male and 45% women. 75% of our online readers have attended or graduated from college and 20% have earned an advanced degree. The majority (70%) is in the professional/ managerial ranks in the workplace, 20% are students, and 10% are self-employed.

Advertise With Us

Upcoming events

The WoC STEm Conference

October 8-10, 2020 

Detroit MI

 

The BEYA STEM Conference

February 11-13, 2021

Washington DC

 




Copyright © 2020 Career Communications Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service